Do you have some blank spaces on your walls? Are you getting tired of pictures in picture frames? You're not alone! Homes have many walls and too many frames can get boring quickly. Here are six fun, fresh ideas for things you can hang on your walls.
1. Shadow boxes. These boxes come in lots of shapes and sizes and they can hold all kinds of momentos. Some have cardboard backs so you can pin postcards or concert tickets in there. Others have shelves so you can set small objects like sea shells, bells, tiny plants, and souvenirs in them. There are even some that have chalkboard paint so you can write quotes or funny sayings on them. They are so easy to personalize!
2. Shelves. This is another great way to decorate large spaces. You can hang shelves of varying lengths along the wall, some on top of others. You can also intersperse artwork or pictures among the shelves. On the shelves you can put:
- Pictures in Small Frames
- Books (Standing or Laying Down)
- Driftwood, Bottles of Sand, and Seashells for a Beach Look
3. Metal murals. These are amazing! You can print any picture you want on metal sheets and hang them on your wall. You can create huge murals in any size and shape. If you use a high quality print the picture quality is astounding. Try printing a picture of a forest or a beach on the mural and it will almost look like a huge window.
4. Artwork. If you can't afford originals, purchase some cheaper prints from big box stores. If you are bored you can also try and create your own. It doesn't have to be anything complicated to look beautiful! If you are close to any children, have them paint you some pictures and hang those up. It will add a touch of youth and innocence to your home.
5. Pieces of nature. You can place pressed flowers or leaves in picture frames, create a mural with sticks (or place them in a vase), put fresh flowers in small glasses on your shelves, etc.
6. Magnet boards. These also come in lots of shapes, sizes and colors. Collect some awesome magnets (or try making some out of old coins) and put up whatever strikes your fancy! Photos, quotes, artwork, postcards, dried plants. The great thing about these boards is you can change out whatever is on them easily. You can also place odd-sized objects on them, things that would be difficult or expensive to frame.
As you think outside the box (or the frame), you will be able to add decorative wall plaques to create the home of your dreams. Good luck!